Monday, June 17, 2013

06.17.13 - Mon Ennui Cosmetics

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a post on Mon Ennui Cosmetics since I don't like the owner's attitude. :/ But for the most part, my previous purchase, I liked. But honestly, I think after this order I don't think I'll order again. Anyway, this was purchased when she was having a 50% off sale. My order didn't take as long as others but I can't exactly tell you how long it was.
Everything is swatched under an LED light and over UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion)

 Illusionista
 Illusionista

Paper Hearts 
 Paper Hearts

L-R: Illusionista and Paper Hearts

 Illusionista - I took several photos of this swatch because it was hard to get the duochrome effects to show up. 

This color is a warm light mauve color that shifts to blue/purple depending on the light. 
 Illusionista
 Illusionista

 Paper Hearts - Matte blue-based pink. 

This was the only color I was disappointed in. This type of pink is my favorite type of pink. It didn't have a lot of color payoff, not as much as the other mattes (see below). Don't get me wrong, the formula is amazing, it's just not as pigmented as I would've liked. This swatch took a few layers to build up :/
 Paper Hearts

 Baby it's Cold Outside
 Baby it's Cold Outside

 Shady Lady
 Shady Lady

 L-R: Baby it's Cold Outside and Shady Lady

 Baby it's Cold Outside - matte dirty lavender. I love these types of colors! This one came out smooth and velvety and you can actually see the color!
 Baby it's Cold Outside

 Shady Lady - This is kind of a smoky gray-purple. That's the only way I could describe it >_>; It's also a matte shade (the shimmers you see are deceiving you!!! :P) and it's another nice matte. 
Shady Lady

It's too bad about the owner... I really liked the products. But the way she treats her customers is ....

No comments:

Post a Comment