Wednesday, July 10, 2013

07.10.13 - Kiss My Sass Cosmetics (Hot Summer Nights & etc)

I'm so behind on swatching -_-; I've been trying to finish up my commissions (2 1/2 more to go!). But I took a break so I could do this post :D

Anyway, Kiss My Sass Cosmetics came out with a summer collection Hot Summer Nights and most of my order is from there. 


I don't do many lip swatches, but I must've been in the mood or something :P
Everything was taken under an LED light and all the eyeshadows were swatched over Milani's Eyeshadow Primer

Here's a sample lip glaze. 
It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! It's teeny tiny! I put it next to a 5 gram jar for comparison. SO CUTE :D *cough* *cough* 
The lip glaze sample she sent was Hot Summer Nights (blueberry flavor). The adorable sample has a doe foot applicator.

Bare lips... lalalala 
Hot Summer Nights - Sheer purple with blue, purple, and copper shimmers.
Honestly, when I saw the lip glaze in the tube I was like OMG it looks so dark. But nope, it's quite sheer and pretty :D

Now, onto the full sizes.
String Bikini
String Bikini
String Bikini
String Bikini - A sheer pink with pink, purple, and golden shimmers.
I really like this color :) it makes me feel overly girly LOL

Island Cocktails
Island Cocktails
Island Cocktails
Island Cocktails - Sheer orange with a rainbow of shimmers.
This photo does not do it justice. I think it's my lighting. It looks splotchy but it really isn't! I'm wondering if it's how I took the photo O_o; I've tried taking it at different angles and this was the best photo. I think I should've included those other photos too since they didn't show up splotchy. So, I regret my photo above and I apologize deeply! ;_____;

The Lip Glazes, btw, aren't sticky. They are moisturizing but because they're not very sticky, it doesn't last very long. Sad :(

Sippin' Mai Tais (Lip Tint)
Sippin' Mai Tais
Sippin' Mai Tais - Sheer coral that has a slight violet sheen.
I think I'll have to learn to take lip swatches at different angles -_-; This did not show up very well. It's supposed to be a little bit darker.

This was very very VERY moisturizing.
Lipstick sample: Nicole
Nicole
Nicole - Warm toned pink. Has a satin finish.
I don't have a lip brush (Maybe I can change that LOL) so I used my finger, so it's kind of a blotchy application >__>; Sorry. Anyway, it did stain my lips a bit. On the site, it does state that it could stain your lips. But, it's such a pretty color, I didn't mind ;D

Now, onto the face stuffs! 
The highlighter I purchased. I'm showing a size comparison. The one on the left is a 5 gram jar and the one on the right is what I purchased it in (20 gram jar). ^_^;
Ethereal
Ethereal - Sheer dusty rose with a subtle blue glow.
Oh gawds, this color is so pretty! Photos do NOT do it justice!!! I think out of all the highlighters I have (which aren't much, actually :P) this is the prettiest one EVER!
L-R: Ethereal Heavy swatch and blended out
L-R: Ethereal Heavy swatch and blended out

Blush: Sunday Morning
Size comparison: L-R: 5 gram jar and 10 gram jar (blush)
Sunday Morning - Light shimmery orange-salmon. 
L-R: Sunday Morning heavy swatch and blended out
L-R: Sunday Morning heavy swatch and blended out

Now, onto the eye shadows. 
Beach Bungalow
Beach Bungalow
Beach Bungalow - Matte medium taupe
Beach Bungalow

Vintage
Vintage
Vintage - Light beige with a metallic finish. It's more complex than it sounds, but it's the only way I could describe it :P
I'm so in love with this color! [Not from the Hot Summer Nights Collection]
Vintage

Now onto the full-sizes:
Sippin' Mai Tais
Sippin' Mai Tais

Smoke & Mirrors [Not from the Hot Summer Nights Collection]
Smoke & Mirrors

L-R: Sippin' Mai Tais & Smoke & Mirrors

Sippin' Mai Tais
Sippin' Mai Tais
Sippin' Mai Tais - Coral with a violet sheen

Smoke & Mirrors
Smoke & Mirrors - Taupe with a satin finish. More on the gray side.

Heat Wave
Heat Wave

Aurora
Aurora

Steampunk [not in the Hot Summer Nights Collection; sample]
Steampunk

L-R: Heat Wave, Aurora, and Steampunk

Heat Wave
Heat Wave - Smoky burgundy with red, copper, and orange shimmers

Aurora
Aurora - Lilac with a turquoise duochrome

Steampunk
Steampunk - Golden brown with a subtle metallic cast

I love Kiss My Sass's powder formulas, the Lip Tints, and the Lipstick formulas. I'm just not too keen on the Lip Glazes. Of course, this is just a preference since I do like really sticky lip glosses. ^_^; Think Urban Decay's lip glosses. [Those are my fave] 

2 comments:

  1. OMG. I want...I want...there are too many to list!! All these colors are beautiful and Linda, your lips are so perfect! I love that light pink on you. I need more KMS! (and i+t :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiss My Sass is awesome!!! I should do more lip swatches but I've always been lazy. I've got discolored lips (doesn't show in the photos since my LED light is probably washing it out :D)

      Delete