Saturday, October 19, 2013

10.19.13 - Notoriously Morbid

I've seen Notoriously Morbid being posted in a few places that I go to (online :P) and I've heard nothing but rave reviews. She was having a sale, so... >_>; 



It was nicely packaged. Sorry it looks squished, it was kind of thrown in my bag quickstyle because I had to go to work. 

I'm in love with the design of the labels. I mean look at them!

Yay free samples! Most indie companies only give you 2 samples. She included four. They were packed nicely in this fancy baggie :D

Everything is taken under an LED light and swatched over Milani's Eyeshadow Primer

And...they're packed FULL!

I have to be honest. When I first received everything, I was like "Oh, it's nothing special". But that's when I hadn't even swatched them yet. Because...OMG!

Jupiter Rain
Her sample baggies include the name, whether it's Vegan or not, what it's safe/not safe for, and ingredients listings.

Hallowed Ground

L-R: Jupiter Rain and Hallowed Ground

Jupiter Rain - Teal with gold sparkles. I know my photo shows it more blue, but it's teal.

This is an interesting note on this particularly color. Let me re-post from her site: 

For years I have always dreamed about being able to actively donate to RAINN (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network). Now after years of dreaming, I am able to do so. Introducing Jupiter Rain found only at Notoriously Morbid.
All net proceeds from the color will be donated to RAINN monthly and a running tally will be on the colors web page to let you know how much was donated that month and year.

Now doesn't that make the color more appealing? :D

I don't know why this swatch showed up washed out :( If you look at the photos where I showed both Jupiter Rain and Hallowed Ground, those are more true to life.

Hallowed Ground - Golden Tan with a purple shift. [from the Bitten Coffin Collection]
Hallowed Ground

Lugosi 
Bram

L-R: Lugosi and Bram

Lugosi - Shimmery deep burgundy
Lugosi
Bram - Silver with a purple sheen. I know it doesn't show here -_-; but I couldn't get it to photograph. 
Bram

------------------
Now, onto the full sizes. I'll start with the two Gallows Hill colors I purchased. 

I'm in LOVE with this label!!!

Cry Innocent
Cry Innocent

No More A Witch
No More A Witch

L-R: Cry Innocent and No More A Witch

Cry Innocent - Purple that has a blue shift and red sparkles. 

[Note: I think my camera hates duochromes because it just doesn't like capturing them :P]
Cry Innocent 

No More A Witch - Rich brown with a green shift
No More A Witch

------------------
Now onto random things I chose :P

Velvet Hammer
Velvet Hammer

Neno
Neno

Rose
Rose

L-R: Velvet Hammer, Neno, and Rose

Velvet Hammer - Metallic purple that has purple and red shimmers
Velvet Hammer

Neno - Shimmery metallic brown
Neno

Rose - Shimmery light pink
Rose

Storm
Storm

Dita
Dita

L-R: Storm and Dita

Storm - Mid-tone gray with a green sheen and green and golden shimmers
Storm (blurred on purpose)
Storm. You are my love ;P

Dita - Metallic wine red
Dita

I'm in love with Notoriously Morbid. The customer service is EXCELLENT. I had to ask Carrie, the owner, something and she responded really fast. Also, the shipping was quite fast too!

As for the products, the colors went on EXTREMELY smoothly. It was like it was liquid. I can't even explain. I had no problems with any of the eyeshadows I received. They blended well, they stayed on for awhile, and the texture is just amazing. The colors (ones that I chose) were surprising since I thought they would be like most any other indies' colors. But, some are very unique.

My favorite, if you didn't know, is Storm. I've tried many companies and I haven't seen anything similar. Maybe I'm biased also because I love grays. But the surprise was the green duochrome. I really love this color :) Ahhh!

I would definitely recommend them to EVERYONE!! Why are you still reading this!? Go order some for yourself but save me some Storm! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment