Thursday, October 24, 2013

10.25.13 - OSLO Cosmetics

 If you haven't seen Oslo Cosmetics being posted all over the place then I must be hanging around (online-wise) the same places the owner does. Joyce, the owner, is in a lot of the same groups that I'm in on Facebook, among other places. 

I got to talking to her and we decided to do a product trade. She chose 7 of my colors and I chose 7 of hers. 


 I received them about a week ago. [Wasn't able to play with them because I was out of town for my cousin's wedding-thing] Here are what the top jar labels look like. 

 She also sent me a sample. From what I hear, the full-sized eyeshadows (I'm only talking about the loose ones as these are the only ones I have) have the logo label on top of the jars; while the samples have the matte white labels. 

This is the example of the sample jar label. The actual label isn't sparkly, but there's a reason it is. 

 Denarii (Gold Leaf Flake). Honestly, I don't know what to do with this. But it looks pretty :P
------------
Now, onto the actual eyeshadows. Everything is swatched under an LED light and swatched over bare skin.

You'll see that Oslo is known for their... pebble-textured loose eyeshadows.

 Lux
 Lux (why did this come out blurry? :( )

 Altair
 Altair

 Voltanis
 Voltanis

 L-R: Lux, Altair, and Voltanis

 Lux - Chocolate brown that has a burgundy tint to it. 
 Lux

 Altair - Coppery-orange highlight
 Altair

 Voltanis - Antique gold
 Voltanis

 Carinae
 Carinae

 Pyxis
Pyxis

 L-R: Carinae and Pyxis

 Carinae - Peachy coral with a strong golden duochrome
 Carinae

 Pyxis - Frosty mid-tone mauve
 Pyxis

 Vela
 Vela

 Milky Way
 Milky Way

 L-R: Vela and Milky Way

 Vela - Red-toned brown with a green duochrome
 Vela

 Milky Way - Very soft pink that has a strong aqua duochrome
Milky Way

I can't tell you about the turnaround time since I didn't order these and I did tell her to take her time with sending them. The issue I had with the packaging was that she didn't seal her jars. That's why the labels you saw above were shimmery/glittery. Some of the eyeshadow leaked and I noticed that the lids were loose. 

The texture of the eyeshadows... though, unique to a lot of indies. I'm not a big fan of. It's just my opinion. You have to use a lot more effort in using these. I get more fall out and chunky patches (see the Vela and Voltanis) photos. Yes, they are mighty pigmented probably because of the oil she included but my sensitive nose also picked up the oil-y scent and was turned off by it. (Remember, this is just my opinion. I have a highly sensitive nose which I hate :P)

Anyway, I wonder what she'll come out with next. [I really suck at these closing lines ;) ]

2 comments:

  1. That is an odd texture, Carinae looks amazingly beautiful though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carinae is the prettiest one (in my opinion) and Milky Way too. :)

      Delete