Sunday, December 8, 2013

12.08.13 - Dark Heart Designs

Dark Heart Designs had a "Black November" sale which was 50% off for all of November. I purchased this around mid November (I'm so late posting this, ahh!) and received it a few days afterwards. Wow! Super fast!

Don't you love the adorable drawstring bag?


How about the jars and the logo? ^_^

Everything is swatched over Milani's Eyeshadow Primer and under an LED light.
As usual, we'll start with the samples first. 
Hollywood Has Been

Shudder

L-R: Hollywood Has Been and Shudder

Hollywood Has Been - mid-tone purple-blue (blurple!) that has copper sparkles
Hollywood Has Been

Shudder - Shimmery plum-taupe
Shudder
-------------------

Now, onto the full sizes.
Hot stamped logo on the jars...

What the bottom of the jars (labels) look like)

Strength

Fighter
Fighter

St Valentine
St Valentine

L-R: Strength, Fighter, and St Valentine

Strength - Light blue with a golden sheen
Strength

Fighter - Chocolate brown that has a purple undertone and a slight satin finish. The shimmer you see is from Strength
Fighter

St Valentine - Matte pink
St Valentine

Love
Love

Curse
Curse

Victorian Candlelight
Victorian Candlelight

L-R: Love, Curse, and Victorian Candlelight

Love - Pink with a copper duochrome
Love

Curse - Lavender with a purple duochrome
Curse

Victorian Candlelight - Shimmery brass-y gold
Victorian Candlelight

Joy^
Joy^

Hope
Hope

Bone Daddy
Bone Daddy

L-R: Joy^, Hope, Bone Daddy

Joy^ - Blue with a golden sheen and sparkle
Joy^

Hope - Copper with a strong golden duochrome
Hope

Bone Daddy - Cream with a golden duochrome
Bone Daddy

--------------

I hadn't ordered from Dark Heart Designs in... I believe two years. The last time I ordered, I wasn't very impressed but this time. WOW! The matte shades I received especially. I'm in LOVE with her matte formula.

My favorite color that I purchased (and have recommended to everyone I know) would be St Valentine. Omg, it's a gorgeous color and very creamy!!!! It is LOVE. 

1 comment:

  1. Those mattes look fabulous! Thanks for the review! I've been on the hunt for matte shades from indie companies and haven't had a ton of luck so far.

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete