Sunday, January 26, 2014

01.26.14 - New use for my Back to School Filofax

After receiving my Filofax pocket Charleston in Purple; I was thinking of downsizing my collection. I don't have a really big collection but it's enough for me to want to get rid of some. Unfortunately, I can't bear to part with any of them. 

One of them is this Back to School one in green. I've been in love with it since it came out. I used it as a planner for a few months right when I received it and every other time I didn't feel like lugging my personal sized ones around. I did that until I got my Compact Calipso. After that, this was just sitting around collecting dust as a storage binder. It's not much of a storage binder since it's a compact sized binder. 

Anyway, a few days ago; someone posted this video in the Philofaxy FB Group about what she did with her Filofax. I thought it was an EXCELLENT idea!

Truthfully, one of my New Year Resolutions was to draw more and to draw everyday. Instead of drawing "dolls", I would draw...whatever I wanted.

As I was trying to figure out how I was going to include drawings... I felt like doodling in the monthly inserts. These inserts, btw, came with my Kikki-K planner.
Hehehe, I didn't color my Charleston doodle... Whoops.

After I did the little doodles in the monthly inserts... I thought "OMG! Why don't I just draw in the provided inserts?!" I, honestly, wanted to gather up all the blank and gridded inserts that were included in all the Filofaxes/planners and draw in them. Instead, I decided to use the WO2P inserts and draw in the boxes of the dates.

I started only a few days ago and so far, I like it a lot. I might include these in my WEEK IN REVIEW posts.  [The photo above shows the colors perfectly. I don't know why my other photos show up more orange-toned :( ]

Planner: Compact Filofax Back to School in Green
Inserts: Kikki-K inserts in Medium
TOOLS: 2H pencil, 0.5 HB Mechanical Pencil, Eraser, Crayola Colored Pencils, and Prismacolor Colored Pencils

I used colored pencils mainly because I was scared markers would bleed through. Markers, if you didn't know, are my medium of choice. Besides, I think colored pencils give it kind of a whimsical feeling...

The first drawing I did was inspired by someone in one of my Facebook groups. She had just cut her hair and dyed it this color too. ^_^;;;

For some odd reason, I really wanted to draw a girl flying a kite... Yeah, I don't know. Hehe

I had been doodling strange looking-creepy-fish-looking things the past 2 days at work.

This one... I just... I don't know? Lol.

Hoping I can keep this up. These are pretty simple drawings. They don't even take an hour to do. But I like how they look all lined up on a page.

Hehehe, don't mind mind the tabs on the side. I plan on changing them too. But for now, this is what I have. 

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! It'll look great when finished - a whole year of drawings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I can do a whole year of drawings!

      Delete
  2. You are really a terrific artist!

    http://giftieetcetera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artwork, it's very good indeed. I like the look of the Back To School compact, I'm thinking of buying one for a young, school-age relative which would be their first filofax. Do you think it would be suitable for a 15-year old? I'm not sure if they still make this model, but if they do, I think it might be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment :) I love the look of the Back to School compact too. I think it would be a great first Filofax since it's a bit smaller (rings-wise) and not so heavy to carry around with you. Even so, it's cute for a notebook. Unfortunately, it looks like it's discontinued. Maybe you can find it on ebay?

      Another option I like is the Patent ones: http://www.filofaxusa.com/patent-organiser-0224-com-99po.html but that's just a personal preference ;P

      Delete