Monday, March 24, 2014

03.24.14 - Daily Lovelies: Valentine's Day Haul

But it's MARCH! Yeah, I know... Sorry so late -_-;

I purchased this set from Daily Lovelies and a few other things that caught my eye.


We're going to start out with...the blushes!

This is the pressed blush that came from The Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow Collection. I tried capturing it in regular daylight/indirect daylight and the color didn't show up as well as it does when I used the flash. So, yep! Here's a photo of it with the flash on.
The blush label. Isn't it cute? You can see me in there LOL.
Juliet
The bottom label
Juliet
BAM! Wow! Look at that crazy color! It's a neon pink with slight gold shimmers. 
Juliet
Left: Heavy Swatch; Right: blended out
Juliet
I really don't want to say anything bad but... the formula for this blush was horrible. It was chunky, doesn't adhere to the skin well, patchy, and very very very sheer. The heavy swatch was 5 layers and the blended one was about 3 layers!

Here's their loose blush.
I really love this jar! Love it! But what about the actual product?

Pretty Guardian Coral Blush 
Pretty Guardian Coral Blush 
Such a beautiful coral color! It also has a red sheen to it

Pretty Guardian Coral Blush 
Left: Heavy Swatch; Right: Blended out
Pretty Guardian Coral Blush 
This blush was fantastic! And I'm not talking about the color. I'm a total blush fanatic so I have a lot and this may be one of my favorite colors! The formula is amazing too! Sticks well to the skin, very smooth, pigmented, just...PERFECT!

Pretty Guardian Pink Blush
Pretty Guardian Pink Blush
This is a yellow based pink with gold sparkles
Pretty Guardian Pink Blush
Left: Heavy Swatch; Right: blended out
Pretty Guardian Pink Blush
I had slight problems with this blush also. It wasn't as bad as Juliet but the product was still clumpy, patchy, and didn't adhere well to skin; at least this color was pigmented and a really pretty color :) Plus, this is a glitter bomb! I don't mind glitter, but some people might. ^_^

--------------
Now, onto the eyeshadows. All eyeshadows are swatched in indirect daylight (unless otherwise stated) and over Milani's Eyeshadow Primer
The top jar label

Capulet
Capulet
Again, the color only showed up when I used the flash

Star-Crossed Lovers
Star-Crossed Lovers

L-R: Capulet and Star-Crossed Lovers
Capulet is a metallic gold
Star-Crossed Lovers - Purple with blue shimmers and has a red sheen (photos don't pick this up :( )
L-R: Capulet and Star-Crossed Lovers

Montague
Montague

The 12th Man
The 12th Man

L-R: Montague and The 12th Man
Montague is a blue with a strong gold duochrome and has flecks of blue glitter
The 12th Man is a lime green with a golden sheen (which makes it look more yellow) and an explosion of blue glitter
L-R: Montague and The 12th Man
L-R: Montague and The 12th Man

While I think The 12th Man is quite unique, you'll definitely need a sticky base so you won't have sprinklings of glitter all over your face. As you can see it clumps up in sections but I'm sure if you've used a stickier base, it'll spread out more evenly.

What did you think of the Daily Lovelies colors? My favorite is still that Pretty Guardian Coral Blush. Omg! I'm so in love with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment