Thursday, April 10, 2014

04.10.14 - Maybelline Eyestudio Quad: Take it Off

I was in Rite Aid last week and I saw a display for the Maybelline Dare to Go Nude Spring 2014 Collection. I thought I would do some swatches and a review on the eyeshadow quads.

I know a lot of people don't like the Eyestudio quads, but I actually really like them. Maybelline is one of my favorite drugstore brands, especially when it comes to eyeshadows and mascaras. Anyway! I purchased all four quads and I'll be doing separate posts on each one.

As the title says, this one will be for Take it Off
Everything is taken under an LED light and swatched over Milani's Eyeshadow Primer
My lighting really washed out the color on that first shade.

This is what it really looks like. Sorry that all the eyeshadows have been used before I took photos. The truth is I tried doing a post before but accidentally deleted all my photos (so smart), so I re-did them.
Second shade in the quad

1st and 2nd shade

1st shade - Pale cream that has an orange duochrome
The duochrome looks more golden here, but I think it's just my lighting...

2nd shade - Maroon with blue shimmers and speckles of gold
2nd shade

3rd
4th

3rd and 4th color. I wish they would have names on these colors :P

3rd - Satin-y rich bark color. I don't know if you can see but it applies quite patchy :( But it still has a very smooth formula...
3rd color - This photo is more true to color.

4th - Very deep brown. Almost black. It's also a satin finish. But just like the 3rd color, it's quite patchy.
You can see it more in this photo.

Despite the patchiness of the last two colors, I still really like this quad. I really wanted to try these other than the fact that they're more neutral shades, but there are some matte colors (not in this set). I was very excited to try them. These were also on sale when I purchased them Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment