Friday, April 11, 2014

04.11.14 - Marc Jacobs: (204) The Starlet Palette

I'm not gonna lie. When this first came out in Sephora, I was overly excited and snatched it right up. (Yes, it's been THAT long since I decided to do a post hehehe). 


When I was in Sephora, it was during the holiday season (November) and it was crowded but there it was. Looking all gorgeous and luxurious. There were 5 palettes out at the time (I believe) and this one was the one that caught my eye. The Starlet

It's packaged in a very sleek box. Inside the box is a cloth case with a little sponge tipped applicator in there and the gorgeous palette. 

There's a button opening and when you pop open the lid, you see this. It has a mirror and a plastic insert that protects the eyeshadows. [Please don't mind the dirtiness. I have used this palette a few times]

Here are the colors. 

Everything is swatched under an LED light and over Milani's Eyeshadow Primer

There are no names to these colors, so I'm going from left to right.

Plum taupe
Champagne with gold sparkles
Satin brown with a golden sheen
Here are the swatches from left to right of the first three colors.

This was one of the colors I chose this palette for. It's got a great smooth texture and has a metallic sheen.
Another angle of the swatch

You can't see the golden sparkles in this photo
But in this one you can. It's chunky glitter too.

I had a hard time applying this color. It was a little patchy, as you can see in the photos.
You can see the golden sheen here.

The second color that I loved and had to get this palette for. Gorgeous copper color.
Bright gold
Copper and Gold

If there was a hint of pink in this, I think it would be the perfect rose gold color. This eyeshadow applied extremely well. One of my favorite formulas out of this palette. 
The metallic cast of the copper color

Bright gold. This was more shimmery than metallic. There's also a lot of golden glitter in this eyeshadow.
You can see the glitter particles in this photo

Silver
Silver taupe

Silver and the silver taupe

The silver is quite amazing. It has a very metallic white cast. I can't even begin to describe it other than a bright silver.
Unfortunately, this was one of the worst formulas in the palette. It was quite chalky.

The silver taupe was a nice formula. It has a satin finish and was very smooth and blended very well. 
I really love this color too.

All in all, this palette was kind of hit and miss. Some of the formulations of the eyeshadows reminded me of L'Oreal's eyeshadow formulations which I don't really like. But some of them were really nice. Also, I'm sure you've noticed from the packaging but more than half of these colors are basically "fall out city". For the money, :/ I'd say save your money and buy something you know you'll like.

No comments:

Post a Comment