Tuesday, June 24, 2014

06.25.14 - My Pretty Zombie

 Oh my, it's been a LONG time since I posted indie products. I'd like to try to post swatches and reviews again. I just haven't had the time because of my subscriptions. Honestly, I should be working on them but my printer ran out of ink (I was trying to make labels) and won't be able to get ink for a few days. So, I thought I would work on this.

Btw, please excuse the photos. The camera that I used before has died a horrible and terrible death. They didn't sell it locally any more. so I chose this one. I'm trying to make it work. 

Sorry for the ramble. Let's get on with this.

I purchased these My Pretty Zombie colors in April (I told you it's been a long time! :P) because I accidentally didn't purchase enough samples for my subscriptions (for June 2014). I have ordered (not for my subscription) from MPZ before but the last time I did was about 3 years ago. So, I thought it was time to do an order.

Since this order was from so long ago, I misplaced the samples she included. I, just threw them in my samples pile >__>;;; Have you noticed I'm still rambling? Sorry!
All photos are swatched over UDPP and under an LED light

 I've always loved the MPZ labels. I think they're simple but unique!

 Bottom jar label has ingredients and other information.

Fatback
 Fatback

 Tenderloin
 Tenderloin

 Anthrax
 Anthrax

Not going to lie, this photo turned out more blue toned than I wanted it to be. So, I apologize for that. 
 L-R: Fatback, Tenderloin, and Anthrax
  L-R: Fatback, Tenderloin, and Anthrax
At an angle to show the duochromes

 Fatback - Pale pink with a purple undertone and a strong golden orange duochrome
 Fatback
You can see the duochrome more in this photo. One thing I absolutely, positively LOVE about this camera [sorry for being off topic] is that it captures duochromes fairly well!

 Tenderloin - Honestly, the color looks like raw beef. Kind of a berry red with a strong blue duochrome. Unfortunately, I couldn't capture the duos in this photo or the next one. Plus, this photo is slightly blurry
 Tenderloin
I hope you can kind of see the blue duochrome...

 Anthrax - Purple with a STRONG green and aqua duochrome!
Gorgeous!
 Anthrax - In different light, it also flashes gold!
When I first saw this (a long time ago), I had been craving (lol) for it for the LONGEST time! Ahhh!

 Thundernuts [hehehehe!]
 Thundernuts

 Toxocara
 Toxocara

 Gangrenous
  Gangrenous

 L-R: Thundernuts, Toxocara, and Gangrenous
  L-R: Thundernuts, Toxocara, and Gangrenous
At an angle to show the duochromes and sheens

 Thundernuts - Brown with a red undertone that has a strong blue duochrome and purple shimmer. The purple shimmer makes the blue duochrome look blue-violet. For this particular color, you will definitely need a sticky base. The purple shimmer causes a bunch of fall out.
 Thundernuts
I think you can see the blue duochrome and the purple shimmer more in this photo. Gawd, it's so pretty!

 Toxocara - Lavender with a red sheen
 Toxocara
As pretty as this color is, I'm kind of disappointed. Not over the formula or anything but my choice at picking it. I have a bunch of other colors similar to this color. 

 Gangrenous - Light purple that has a strong aqua duochrome 
Gangrenous
You can see the duo more in this photo

 Grandma Cleavage [hehehehehe!]
 Grandma Cleavage

 Unicorn Pee
 Unicorn Pee

 Brisket
 Brisket

 L-R: Grandma Cleavage, Unicorn Pee, and Brisket
  L-R: Grandma Cleavage, Unicorn Pee, and Brisket

 Grandma Cleavage - True blue with a a strong yellow-gold duochrome
 Grandma Cleavage
When I first ordered from MPZ many years ago, I received a sample of this and was in love with it; despite it's... interesting name :P But who cares! Look at that gorgeousness!

 Unicorn Pee - White with a strong blue duochrome and has rainbow glitter
 Unicorn Pee
I believe this color is MPZ's most famous/popular shade. It's no surprise; it's amazingly gorgeous! The only problem is it's quite chunky. The glitter is also major fall-out city so you'll need a sticky base.

 Brisket - Brick red with a strong gold duochrome
Brisket
This is a definite surprise favorite. Look at how amazingly gorgeous this is!!!! Gawds! I feel like I could drown in it. Brisket is also amazingly smooth and has no shimmers or sparkles.

If you haven't tried My Pretty Zombie's eyeshadows or blushes; I suggest you do. I admit, some of her eyeshadows are chunky but they're not so bad. The colors are absolutely beautiful and her blushes are amazing!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment