Friday, December 26, 2014

12.26.14 - Notoriously Morbid's Vanishing Cabinet (December 2014): Merry Monsters

 I received this month's Vanishing Cabinet, from Notoriously Morbid and this month's theme is "Merry Monsters" which is based on horror movie monsters. Unfortunately, I lost the little slip that's included in each month -_-; [Have you noticed, I always lose something? -_-; ]

Everyone's subscription comes in a cute little stocking but the design of the stocking varies. 


Everything is swatched over UDPP (except the blush which is swatched over bare skin) and under an LED light.

 The items that were included.

 Let's start with the mini lipgloss: Lipgloss For Leatherface
 Lipgloss For Leatherface

I didn't swatch this because I plan on giving this to my friend since I know she'll love it more than me. But the lipgloss is a maroon shade that has a blue sheen.

 These are what the labels look like. They're mighty cute :)

 Choo-Choo for Chucky
  Choo-Choo for Chucky

 Mittens for Michael
 Mittens for Michael

L-R: Choo-Choo Chucky and Mittens for Michael 
L-R: Choo-Choo Chucky and Mittens for Michael 

Choo-Choo Chucky is a frosty peachy-pink
Mittens for Michael is a plum that has a blue sheen making it seem almost violet. 

Fringe Coat for Freddie 
Fringe Coat for Freddie 

 Jammies for Jason
 Jammies for Jason

L-R: Fringe Coat for Freddie and Jammies for Jason 
L-R: Fringe Coat for Freddie and Jammies for Jason 

Fringe Coat for Freddie is a warm brown that has a strong gold duochrome
Jammies for Jason is a medium, cool gray that has gold sparkles. Definitely will need a sticky base for this eyeshadow.

 Rouge For Regan (blush)
  Rouge For Regan (blush)
  Rouge For Regan (blush)
L-R: Heavy swatch; blended out

  Rouge For Regan (blush)
L-R: Heavy swatch; blended out

Rouge For Regan is a dusty lavender that has a plum undertone. As you can tell in the swatch that's blended out, the plum shows up more.

I enjoyed the theme and thought it was really cute. But I wasn't too into the colors. I'm not bashing the company or anything, the colors just weren't too unique to me and this doesn't make me want to stop my subscription. I just wasn't into the colors.

The only one I really loved was the blush: Rouge for Regan. I think it's pretty wearable and definitely great during the winter time. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment