Thursday, February 19, 2015

Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet: JEM and the Holograms! (January 2015)

I know it's late but I didn't have the time to do this post until now.

Anyway! This month's Notoriously Morbid's Vanishing Cabinet is based on Jem and the Holograms! 

Now, I've been around when Jem first came out and I always tried to watch it. But being surrounded by males... I was forced to watch GI JOE and TRANSFORMERS instead. 
Everything is swatched over UDPP and under an LED light.


The labels look so cute!

There was a sneak peek of this lipgloss in the FB group and I was drooling over it. Doesn't it just look so beautiful?

Closeup of the label

Rebel
Rebel

Showtime
Showtime

Headstrong
Headstrong

L-R: Rebel, Showtime, and Headstrong
L-R: RebelShowtime, and Headstrong
L-R: RebelShowtime, and Headstrong

Rebel is a terracotta that has aqua sparkles and sheen
Showtime is a bright coral that has a red sheen and has blue sparkles
Headstrong is a light blue green that has blue and purple sparkles

Pureheart
Pureheart

Show's Over
Show's Over

L-R: Pureheart and Show's Over
L-R: Pureheart and Show's Over

Pureheart is a purple that has red and blue shimmers
Show's Over is a blurple that has purple shimmers

Here's the hint for next month's theme: Enticing Elba

Enticing Elba
Enticing Elba

Enticing Elba is a soft blurple that has a gold, red, and copper sheen (depending on the light). It's really lovely.

From what I've seen for next month's colors; I know I'll love it! Still not sure of the theme though :P

Bare lips
I didn't realize I took a photo in the opposite direction LOL. Anyway this is with the lipgloss on. It's quite sheer. I do have very pigmented lips and it barely left any color or shimmer on my lips. Sadness... But I'll still use it :)

Anyway, I wasn't too keen on these colors probably because lately, I've been leaning more towards wearable / neutral colors. 

2 comments:

  1. Omg I am loving all of these colours! Are these available on their own or is it just part of the monthly box?

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She usually sells the excess colors on her website. I don't know when she posts them up though, here's the link where she would have them http://www.notoriouslymorbid.com/category_102/Limited-Time-Only.htm

      But it doesn't look like they're up....

      Delete