Friday, April 17, 2015

Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet: Gods Be Good (April 2015) Subscription

Yay!!! My Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet is here! (actually, a few weeks ago) Btw, their new site is awesome!


The sticker... sorry it got thrown about in my bag >_>

This month's Vanishing Cabinet is based on Game of Thrones. I don't watch it (Actually, I have season 1 on dvd and have only seen the first episode) so I don't really know what it's about...

There were some complaints in the last month about the labels not fitting the jars so they switched to smaller ones. Unfortunately, they all came loose. (at least for mine) Half of them were on different jars and I had to look at other peoples' blogs to see which one was which. They're still not sticking very well for me :(

All that was included in this month's subscription. The balm, I'm not showing since it's a reformulation of last month's balm. 

Anyway, onto the goodies. Everything has been swatched over UDPP (unless otherwise specified) and in indirect light.
The label art

With Sword & Shield
With Sword & Shield

You'll see throughout my post that you can't really read the text on the bottom labels. I'm pretty sure it's because it's a smaller label...

Lover's Sigh
Lover's Sigh

L-R: With Sword & Shield and Lover's Sigh
L-R: With Sword & Shield and Lover's Sigh

With Sword & Shield is an olive green that has a metallic sheen
Lover's Sigh is a lavender that has a very pretty purple duochrome

Stern & Strong
Stern & Strong
Fire Bright
Fire Bright

L-R: Stern & Strong and Fire Bright
L-R: Stern & Strong and Fire Bright

Stern & Strong is a charcoal gray that has a purple duochrome (I couldn't capture it in my photos :( ) and has a metallic sheen
Fire Bright is slightly metallic mauve

Fates Untold
Fates Untold

Gift of Life (Highlighter)
Gift of Life (Highlighter) 

L-R: Fates Untold and Gift of Life (Swatched over bare skin)
L-R: Fates Untold and Gift of Life (swatched over bare skin)
L-R: Fates Untold and Gift of Life (swatched over bare skin)

Fates Untold is a burgundy that has a strong green duochrome
Gift of Life is a white with a yellow-gold duochrome

The guest indie is from Geek Chic Cosmetics and this color is from their Win or Die Collection.
Kingslayer 
Kingslayer
Kingslayer
Kingslayer which is a soft pinky beige that has a coppery duochrome.

Out of all the colors in here, my favorite would have to be Fates Untold. I think it's an extremely unique color and well, it's just plain beautiful. Also, I'm glad that they've brought back a guest indie since it's fun to try new things :)

Notoriously Morbid has stated that they're going to take a month break (noooo! but it's understandable :P) and will continue in June. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment