Saturday, September 12, 2015

09.12.15 - Where have I been? (Life Update)

I feel like I haven't blogged in awhile. Right now, I'm supposed to be asleep since I have an opening shift at my job tomorrow. But, unfortunately, I can't sleep. 

So what's going on? 

My life has been.... hectic? I guess. As some of you know, I work full-time as a Customer Service Supervisor in a big electronics store. I'm the second in charge in my department. A few months ago, our corporate office decided that the supervisors' schedules won't be made by our department managers, but by them (corporate office). It caused a big problem for a lot of the supervisors who have kids, go to school, etc. "Lucky" me, I have open availability. And that meant, I haven't had a regular schedule in ... almost a year. My schedule is different every week and because of this, my sleeping habits are just...terrible. 

Because of the schedule changes, two of the full-time supervisors have decided to become part-time. So a lot of the duties got passed onto the rest of the full-timers. (Btw, we have 6 supervisors in total; we're actually supposed to have 8) Then, one of the other remaining full-timers got fired for doing too many mistakes. That added onto more stress for us. Thankfully, they promoted one of our cashiers to be a supervisor. But that meant we had to train her extensively because it's a lot different than being a cashier. I got the lovely task of that. I actually like training new supervisors. :P

As of this week, one more of our supervisors is going part-time. Supposedly, they promoted another cashier and he starts as a supervisor next week. Who knows...I just know that I'm tired.

Now, onto my store or anything that has to do with it.  I've been working a lot on subscriptions and only that. It makes me a bit sad because I have so many collection ideas, but honestly, I don't have the time to work on anything else. I can't even photograph the extras to put up in my store. 

This month, I'm extra busy because: I need to make 2 custom colors for two different stores, my subscription of course, my Halloween Collection, and my Card Captor Sakura collection that I keep pushing back because of my work schedule :( 

Planners. I still use planners. It's funny that I stopped posting my Week in Reviews since I started using the Erin Condren Life Planner (or ECLP). I started using it in July. I really liked it...ONLY for decorating Honestly though, it doesn't work for me. I need to do a lot of forward planning and that planner (to me) seemed like it was only in the present. Also, there was no room for notes/different type of inserts that I needed. Because of this, I made the sad decision to move back into a Filofax. I don't know if it's sad or not actually. Lol. I just don't have planner peace and I felt like planning in the ECLP was too difficult for my needs. In fact, I feel like when I used the ECLP, my head has been more scrambled than organized. 

I think I need a vacation... I have to be up in 4 hours. Yay -_-; What a depressing update lol.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things are so hectic for you. Ugh, that sounds awful!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. I'm sure it'll be better soon :) Trying to be optimistic :P

      Delete