Saturday, September 19, 2015

09.20.15 - 20 Random Facts

20 Random Facts

(About boring ol' me ^_^)
[Since I can't sleep at the moment... :P]

  1. When I was in elementary school, I never knew what my middle name was. Whenever our names were posted I would see "Linda L. [Insert last name here]" and I always assumed it was "L". I only found out in high school. (LOL) It's "LING", btw.
  2. A lot of people mistaken my race and think I'm completely different from what I am (Chinese). 
  3. I was hit by a car when I was in the 3rd grade. It was a foggy day, and it happened near my house. I was wearing a light colored jacket. My Mom crossed the street, while a car waited. I had just tied my shoelaces since they had come apart. The lady's windows were a bit fogged up. After my Mom crossed, I started to cross and she thought there wasn't anyone else and drove into me. I fell down and blacked up for 20 minutes (?). When I woke up, I heard my mom screaming in really bad English at the lady (she lived across the street from us) and the neighbors all around stood and watched and didn't help. I remember thinking "Why didn't my neighbors come and help?".
  4. I've been working since I was about 8 years old. My parents owned restaurants and because my brother and I were young, they would take us to the restaurant on the weekends and help out (we'd just ring up customers ^_^; ). I think it's because of that that I like to be stay busy. I haven't had a day off since I moved here because since we've moved here, my parents decided to quit the restaurant business. 
  5. I got into anime/manga when I was in middle school. My friends were really into it and I had no idea what it was. So, they introduced me. Back then, anime/manga wasn't popular here. My cousin started getting into it and helped us get a bunch of different anime through fansubbers. How that worked was buying blank VHS tapes and sending them to the fansubbers where they'll mail you copies of them back. 
  6. The first anime convention I ever went to was Anime Expo 2001. It was the year when Studio Gainax was there and I got to meet them! Quite awesome :)
  7. I started drawing in the anime/manga style when I was about 12 years old. It started with the (then) arcade game Street Fighter II. <--My brother found some manga on it and I tried copying the style.
  8. I had never experienced racism before until I moved to Chico. I'm sure it's different now, but when I lived there... I was called so many things and people were in shock that I spoke "American" with no accent....
  9. I'm allergic to honeydew (closes up my throat), mango (I get rashes all over and blisters on my mouth), and a few other things that aren't as bad as those. I'm really sad about being allergic to mango because I love it.
  10. My favorite fruit is Lychee.
  11. When I was in high school, I had over 100 penpals. It was so much fun writing to everyone. I'm still good friends with a few of them. I used to keep all their letters too (I must've been insane LOL! Since there were so many!). I stopped writing when I moved here.
  12. Before innocent+twisted Alchemy existed, my friends and I were creating our own comics.
  13. When I get an idea into my head, omg... it'll almost become an obsession. Especially if I'm really into it. (See below)
  14. When I discovered Etsy, I wanted to make beaded jewelry really badly. Then, I wanted to design my own handbags, clothes, wallets. Then, I got into making soaps (nothing super complicated, just melt and pour). Then, I wanted to make my own custom perfumes. I tried to do that but I have a very VERY sensitive nose and that failed miserably.
  15. I started getting back into makeup (I was into it when I was in high school) when I discovered Youtube Makeup tutorials. There weren't a lot back then. 
  16. I started my store after I saw Glamourdoll Eyes' videos. And it definitely helped, when I won her label contest. ^_^
  17. As much as I love eyeshadow, I'm a HUGE blush fan!
  18. I got into the planner obsession a few years ago when I saw a What's in my bag? video on Youtube and that person had a Filofax in her bag. I googled it and came across Philofaxy. And that was when there wasn't a huge planner craze either. After finding out about Filofax, I used my tax return and got a Filofax Pocket Finsbury in Antique Rose
  19. I used to daily blog on Livejournal. Lol... I don't want to link it to you because it's embarassing...
  20. The current job I have is my first job EVER. (Not counting the parents' restaurants)

Originally, this was going to be 50 Random Facts but, at the moment I can't think of anything random. Lol ^_^;

No comments:

Post a Comment