09.20.15 - 20 Random Facts
20 Random Facts
(About boring ol' me ^_^)
[Since I can't sleep at the moment... :P]
- When I was in elementary school, I never knew what my middle name was. Whenever our names were posted I would see "Linda L. [Insert last name here]" and I always assumed it was "L". I only found out in high school. (LOL) It's "LING", btw.
- A lot of people mistaken my race and think I'm completely different from what I am (Chinese).
- I was hit by a car when I was in the 3rd grade. It was a foggy day, and it happened near my house. I was wearing a light colored jacket. My Mom crossed the street, while a car waited. I had just tied my shoelaces since they had come apart. The lady's windows were a bit fogged up. After my Mom crossed, I started to cross and she thought there wasn't anyone else and drove into me. I fell down and blacked up for 20 minutes (?). When I woke up, I heard my mom screaming in really bad English at the lady (she lived across the street from us) and the neighbors all around stood and watched and didn't help. I remember thinking "Why didn't my neighbors come and help?".
- I've been working since I was about 8 years old. My parents owned restaurants and because my brother and I were young, they would take us to the restaurant on the weekends and help out (we'd just ring up customers ^_^; ). I think it's because of that that I like to be stay busy. I haven't had a day off since I moved here because since we've moved here, my parents decided to quit the restaurant business.
- I got into anime/manga when I was in middle school. My friends were really into it and I had no idea what it was. So, they introduced me. Back then, anime/manga wasn't popular here. My cousin started getting into it and helped us get a bunch of different anime through fansubbers. How that worked was buying blank VHS tapes and sending them to the fansubbers where they'll mail you copies of them back.
- The first anime convention I ever went to was Anime Expo 2001. It was the year when Studio Gainax was there and I got to meet them! Quite awesome :)
- I started drawing in the anime/manga style when I was about 12 years old. It started with the (then) arcade game Street Fighter II. <--My brother found some manga on it and I tried copying the style.
- I had never experienced racism before until I moved to Chico. I'm sure it's different now, but when I lived there... I was called so many things and people were in shock that I spoke "American" with no accent....
- I'm allergic to honeydew (closes up my throat), mango (I get rashes all over and blisters on my mouth), and a few other things that aren't as bad as those. I'm really sad about being allergic to mango because I love it.
- My favorite fruit is Lychee.
- When I was in high school, I had over 100 penpals. It was so much fun writing to everyone. I'm still good friends with a few of them. I used to keep all their letters too (I must've been insane LOL! Since there were so many!). I stopped writing when I moved here.
- Before innocent+twisted Alchemy existed, my friends and I were creating our own comics.
- When I get an idea into my head, omg... it'll almost become an obsession. Especially if I'm really into it. (See below)
- When I discovered Etsy, I wanted to make beaded jewelry really badly. Then, I wanted to design my own handbags, clothes, wallets. Then, I got into making soaps (nothing super complicated, just melt and pour). Then, I wanted to make my own custom perfumes. I tried to do that but I have a very VERY sensitive nose and that failed miserably.
- I started getting back into makeup (I was into it when I was in high school) when I discovered Youtube Makeup tutorials. There weren't a lot back then.
- I started my store after I saw Glamourdoll Eyes' videos. And it definitely helped, when I won her label contest. ^_^
- As much as I love eyeshadow, I'm a HUGE blush fan!
- I got into the planner obsession a few years ago when I saw a What's in my bag? video on Youtube and that person had a Filofax in her bag. I googled it and came across Philofaxy. And that was when there wasn't a huge planner craze either. After finding out about Filofax, I used my tax return and got a Filofax Pocket Finsbury in Antique Rose
- I used to daily blog on Livejournal. Lol... I don't want to link it to you because it's embarassing...
- The current job I have is my first job EVER. (Not counting the parents' restaurants)
Originally, this was going to be 50 Random Facts but, at the moment I can't think of anything random. Lol ^_^;