Friday, September 25, 2015

09.25.15 - AROMALEIGH: FATALIS Collection + Videos


It said that it would ship on October 1st, but mine shipped a few days ago. I just received it yesterday.

 Here it is all bundled up. The little baggie are some extra samples including a gift with purchase.

 Here's all the label art for the Fatalis Collection

PLEASE NOTE: NONE OF THE PHOTOS HAVE BEEN EDITED! Usually, I brighten the photos a bit because of lighting and enlargening the photos. But, I thought you'd like to see them as is. I took the photos and videos starting from: 2:25pm - 4:31pm

Everything is swatched on UDPP and in indirect sunlight (by my window). My camera is a SONY Cybershot DSC-HX50V (used for the photos and videos)

Why am I writing all that? It's because I wanted to show you that I don't have any special light (I really don't, lol. I wish I did), camera, and etc. to create these effects. There were people that already posted swatches of the photos in different types of lighting. But this is just the lighting I have. 


As always, I start with the samples:
 L-R: Scarmiglione and Astrild

Please also note, I haven't purchased anything since last year from Aromaleigh. I know that they have changed their formula so this will be the first time I've tried it.

 L-R: Scarmiglione and Astrild
  L-R: Scarmiglione and Astrild

Scarmiglione (from the Diavoli Collection) - plum taupe that has golden and green shimmers. (Sorry it doesn't show up in this photo). I did a swatch post on the Diavoli collection. You can check it out here. 

Astrild (from the August 2015 Matte Saga One set) - Matte rosy brown

 I also received the 17th anniversary deluxe sample Synchrony
Synchrony 
 Synchrony 
 Synchrony - This is a mauve that has gold and green sparkles

--------------------------------
Alright, now, onto the thing we've all been waiting for. I decided to record a few videos too on the swatches so you can see the shifts. 

According to the site, the Fatalis Collection costs a bit more because of the ingredients that are used to create these shifts. The prices are (for the whole collection):

1/16th tsp Sample Set: $12.50
Demi Sample Set 1/8th tsp in jar: - $35.00
Mini Size 1 gram jar: $72.50 (has sifter and label art)

I ended up purchasing the Mini Size set. 

 Amanita Muscaria
 Amanita Muscaria 
  Amanita Muscaria

 Dendroaspis Polylepis
 Dendroaspis Polylepis
  Dendroaspis Polylepis

Nerium Oleander 
 Nerium Oleander 
 Nerium Oleander 

 L-R: Amanita Muscaria,   Dendroaspis Polylepis,  Nerium Oleander
L-R: Amanita Muscaria,   Dendroaspis Polylepis,  Nerium Oleander
video
 L-R: Amanita Muscaria,   Dendroaspis Polylepis,  Nerium Oleander
BE PREPARED TO HEAR MY VOICE :O

Amanita Muscaria - Metallic burnt orange that has gold and orange shifts

Dendroaspis Polylepis - Metallic burgundy that has red, copper, and purple shifts. This one is kind of flaky

Nerium Oleander - Fuchsia with gold, green, aqua shifts and has aqua sparkles. Needs a sticky base.

 Phyllobates Terribilis
  Phyllobates Terribilis
  Phyllobates Terribilis

 Helleborus Niger
  Helleborus Niger
  Helleborus Niger

 Hapalochlaena Lunulata
  Hapalochlaena Lunulata
  Hapalochlaena Lunulata

L-R: Phyllobates Terribilis,   Helleborus Niger, and  Hapalochlaena Lunulata
L-R: Phyllobates Terribilis,   Helleborus Niger, and  Hapalochlaena Lunulata 
 L-R: Phyllobates Terribilis,   Helleborus Niger, and  Hapalochlaena Lunulata
video
L-R: Phyllobates Terribilis,   Helleborus Niger, and  Hapalochlaena Lunulata

Phyllobates Terribilis - Metallic dark gold that has a red and copper shift

Helleborus Niger - Grayish lavender with gold, green, and aqua shifts. This one is slightly flaky and also needs a sticky base

Hapalochlaena Lunulata - Warm pink with green, aqua, and gold sparkles. Needs a sticky base.

 Chironex Fleckeri
  Chironex Fleckeri
  Chironex Fleckeri

 Leiurus Quinquestriatus
  Leiurus Quinquestriatus
  Leiurus Quinquestriatus
L-R:  Chironex Fleckeri and  Leiurus Quinquestriatus
L-R:  Chironex Fleckeri and  Leiurus Quinquestriatus 
video
L-R:  Chironex Fleckeri and  Leiurus Quinquestriatus

Chironex Fleckeri - Purple that has a blue, aqua, and green shift. 
Leiurus Quinquestriatus - Light green with a green, purple, and red shift. 

 Atropa Belladonna
 Atropa Belladonna (Sorry blurry)
  Atropa Belladonna

 Phoneutria Nigriventer
  Phoneutria Nigriventer
  Phoneutria Nigriventer
L-R:  Atropa Belladonna and  Phoneutria Nigriventer
 L-R:  Atropa Belladonna and  Phoneutria Nigriventer
video
L-R:  Atropa Belladonna and  Phoneutria Nigriventer

Atropa Belladonna - Wine with blue, orange, and purple shifts
Phoneutria Nigriventer - Antique gold that has gold and green shifts and has a slight orange sheen. This needs a sticky base. The shifts also don't show up as well as the others.

 All the Fatalis colors (Lol, you can see my shirt on the bottom (it's green).

Top L-R: Amanita Muscaria,   Dendroaspis Polylepis,  Nerium Oleander,  Phyllobates Terribilis
Middle L-R:  Helleborus Niger, Hapalochlaena Lunulata, Chironex Fleckeri,  Leiurus Quinquestriatus
Bottom L-R: Atropa Belladonna and  Phoneutria Nigriventer
Fatalis Collection

Top L-R: Amanita Muscaria,   Dendroaspis Polylepis,  Nerium Oleander,  Phyllobates Terribilis
Middle L-R:  Helleborus Niger, Hapalochlaena Lunulata, Chironex Fleckeri,  Leiurus Quinquestriatus
Bottom L-R: Atropa Belladonna and  Phoneutria Nigriventer

video
Fatalis Collection

Top L-R: Amanita Muscaria,   Dendroaspis Polylepis,  Nerium Oleander,  Phyllobates Terribilis
Middle L-R:  Helleborus Niger, Hapalochlaena Lunulata, Chironex Fleckeri,  Leiurus Quinquestriatus
Bottom L-R: Atropa Belladonna and  Phoneutria Nigriventer

I think the Fatalis Collection is absolutely beautiful. Do I think it's unique? Umm... not really. Sad to say. While I swatched these, it reminded me of the Diavoli collection. Which I really loved. Yes, I think the different colored shifts are pretty neat but you have to have certain lighting to be able to see it. According to the Aromaleigh site:

IMPORTANT: Viewing this color in sunlight or diffused lighting will prove very disappointing to you. The pigments are strongly color traveling and reflective in environments with direct artificial light sources ONLY. Please read the extensive information below, about viewing and photographing the shades in this collection.This is a color traveling eyeshadow which displays it's effects when viewed in direct artificial light sources. You will see the most pronounced effects away from sunlight and diffuse overhead light. I captured the effects you see photographing near a small window, with a recessed can light containing a daylight balanced CFL directly overhead. No direct sunlight. I suggest that you swatch the color on your hand over some eyeshadow base, and walk around your home, observing the changes in color under and around different types of lights. If you are a blogger and wish to photograph these for review, you should avoid direct sunlight, diffuse overhead lighting or "light boxes" - none of these will accurately display the varied transmission angles of the color traveling effect pigments used in this collection. You want to photograph these in an area where two different light sources meet. In my case this was the combination of direct overhead CFL bulb near a window where indirect light was coming in from outdoors (I photographed these when sunlight was directly overhead). I've shared a lot of technical information about how I photograph my products, HERE.This formula features added ingredients for adhesion and wear, which also intensify the color shifts and make it easier to wear and blend over both bare skin and a variety of primers. Your eyeshadow will not arrive in "little balls" like some semi-loose formulas do, but it may be more difficult to get through the sifter holes. Sifters are easily removed. As always, I recommend a regular cream base such as NYX cream eyeshadow base. Your mileage may vary with sticky glue type primers
It just seems like an awful lot you have to do. I'm not saying this is a bad collection, since I still do think this is beautiful -- I just think that it takes a lot of work to get it to show up the way that we want it to look (all amazingly five billion-chrome-y goodness!). 

As for the new formula, do I like it? Hmm... I think I'm one of the few people that liked the older formula. I'm not really into the clump-y slightly wet formulas. Do I think it's a bad formula? No, it's just not my cup of tea. I know a lot of people that do like it. For me, it feels like it's a bit more difficult to use. (Just my opinion!) Does that mean I'll stop buying from Aromaleigh? Heck no! I love Aromaleigh! 

Would I recommend this collection to anyone? If there are people want to venture into the world of duochromes and multi-chromes, I definitely would recommend this collection as there is a large variety of different types of multi-chromes.

BTW, how do you even pronounce these names? O_O

No comments:

Post a Comment