Sunday, March 27, 2016

WEEK IN REVIEW: 03.13.16 - 03.26.16 & ECLP Hourly

PLANNERSKikki-K in Medium Mint and Filofax (pocket) Charleston in Purple, Erin Condren Life Planner (Hourly)
INSERTS: (Personal Sized) Sewmuchcrafting W04P Vertical; (Pocket) Sewmuchcrafting WO2P
I'm thinking of changing planners. Not the inserts; but the actual binder. Thinking of switching to my Filofax Domino

Another combined week post. I've been really tired because of all the hours I've been working.

I mentioned before that our work weeks/pay periods have changed from a Monday - Sunday schedule to a Sunday - Saturday schedule. Our actual work schedule that we look at is now printed that way which has confused a lot of us (including me :P) and that's not good especially for me when I deal with manager's pay.

The pocket inserts I have, end in April, I believe. So I'm keeping them the way they are, For this week, I tried adding a thing of washi tape to let me know that it's a new week (as you can see in the above photo). But It didn't work. It's quite distracting for me and not much room to write in. (Which is why I didn't even bother to write in it). I also tried to write "NEW WORK WEEK" on the side but that didn't work either. Sadness...

Stickers used are leftovers from a WhimsicalPlans kit.
As for the personal inserts, I made date stickers for it. I tried it out and I really liked it. In fact, I made 2 more month's work (it's the same font and design. Nothing fancy :P) I also made some side bar flags. 

Anyway, this week's theme: DONUTS
Stickers are MOSTLY from ScribbleprintsCo
Other stickers are from: Michael's, CreatingandCo, and my own.
I hadn't purchased from ScribbleprintsCo in awhile but this was the first thing I bought (the donuts kit) in awhile. I love it :P I also had these donut stickers from Michael's and I thought it was perfect to pair with the kit. Anyway, this week; I was busy working on  shipping out the last of the orders and subscriptions I had. 
Started watching American Horror Story: Freakshow again. I stopped watching because it freaked me out too much :P I only watched the first 2 episodes then, 

Oh yes, I ordered Glamtech custom palette (with my logo on it). Love it! It was very reasonably priced and the quality is excellent. I plan on VERY VERY slowly pressing my subscription colors there (for myself). 


Also used some MAMBI stickers. 
I kinda felt bad that I didn't use the header stickers that are included in the kits so I started using them. I used to use the ones that I made. But we'll see if I'll still do that. ^_^; (Not including the current week :P)
 Stickers on these inserts are from one of the HappieScrappie Planner Kits and a sample from ... some place. I don't remember. Ahhh!

 Alright, I'm not going to lie. I was super pissed this whole week. [Start rant] Last Thursday, my manager called and told me he had to cancel my Paid Personal day for several reasons:
#1) The Audit Manager suddenly went on Family Medical Leave (okay, understandable)
#2) One of the other supervisors is taking a vacation
#3) One of our supervisors transferred to another department

I was absolutely pissed off on Friday (last Friday) about it. But eventually, I calmed down. The 2nd thing on the reasons why; made me quite mad because I had turned in my personal day 2 weeks BEFORE that other supervisor. But, like I said...I calmed down. UNTIL...

I told ANOTHER supervisor (she heard about me being mad asked why I was...) and she said "I don't know why he didn't ask ME to work on that day. I'm on Spring Break, so I'm available". So, I got mad again. [I was in Audit that day] I literally shut the door to the office and moped. [I'm such a baby]. Not only did he not give me my day off, he gave me an extra day to work, AND made me work an opening RIGHT after a closing shift.

I started getting mad again because it always happens to me no matter HOW far in advance I turn in my days off. Someone who does it AFTER me will ALWAYS get it. What's the point in turning them early any more. And it ALWAYS happens to ME. It never happens to any of the other supervisors. Ugh! [/end rant] <--typing about this makes me mad again

But after a few days, it finally stopped bothering me. Probably because I didn't have the time to think about it. We didn't have a mid-shift scheduled for most of the week which is really hard to work around. There was only an opener or a closer. Our lunch breaks were covered by our manager who also had to deal with the Returns Department. So our lunch breaks were shortened by 30 minutes.

I honestly, didn't do much when I got home. I was exhausted. Plus, I had to pick up / drop my mom off to help my dad paint a house.

Whoops, I forgot to mention:

STICKERS: Mostly from CreatingandCo (Easter Kit)
Some stickers from MAMBI and STICKWITHME

Anyway, last week I ordered an ECLP hourly planner and it arrived a few days ago.
Yes, I know I know. I said that the ECLP didn't work for me. Well, it's their big layout that didn't work for me. I wanted to try out their hourly for a time management type thing.

 I received this on Thursday and copied my days. I was testing out how I wanted it to look. As you can see on the right side [other than the fact that I didn't fill out Sunday <--hey, I took the pic early in the morning so I didn't even write in it yet :P] it's mostly writing. Very minimal stickers/decorations. I actually like how it looks like that.

These first few days I was testing how I would do the pages... As cute as I think it looks with all the stickers, it doesn't work for me,

The one for Thursday; I used different colored pens so I could see each thing easier. that's when I decided to "color code". [Also, you can see that my audit days are more busy :P]

So one thing I noticed about the hourly:
The times they have on this don't work for me. In fact, I'm going to order/make some time stickers. My days usually go from 5am - midnight. I need AT LEAST 7am - midnight. I normally don't do the meal planning but I just wanted to add it to see how it'd look. :P

Anyway, that's all for this week :) Hoping I can turn in next week's on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment